We use a combination of massage techniques to:
- Relieve pain and tension experienced throughout pregnancy
- Assists in maintaining good posture
- Reduces leg cramps
- Relieve headaches and sinus congestion
- Increases flexibility
- Assists sleeping
We use a special pregnancy massage table that allow women to lay in the most comfortable position.
Women who prefer a different position can be on their side and pillows are used to support the belly to enhance comfort. The belly bag can also be used for side-lying massage.
Pregnancy Massage has been proven to reduce stress hormones and can increases the hormones which tend to be low in women who are depressed. There is often an improvement in general mood following a massage. Massage provides an opportunity to rest that can help rejuvenate Pregnant women.
Pregnancy Massage can help relieve the everyday discomforts of pregnancy such as an aching neck, sore back, and heaviness in the pelvic bones, leg cramps, swelling of the ankles and feet and oedema (fluid retention) and can be particularly helpful for women who experience sciatic nerve pain.
Gift vouchers can be purchased over the phone. Please call 0284597492
Contraindications to Pregnancy Massage:
- A women in any of these categories should obtain a release from her primary health care provider before receiving massage:
- High risk pregnancy
- Miscarried in previous pregnancy
- Heart or pulmonary problems
- The woman is carrying multiple pregnancy
- The woman is under the age of 20 or over the age of 35
- The woman has been exposed to illegal drugs
“I recently had a pregnancy massage with Esti. I like a strong massage, and find it frustrating than when I am pregnant I either get denied a massage or get soft feathery rubbing. I went to see Esti and she gave me a nice relaxing treatment with the benefits of a good therapeutic remedial massage. The treatment was what I was looking for and I left feeling blissed out”
Elissa Koskinen – Yoga Instructor, Massage therapist , Mother
The Belly Bag is used when women are not comfortable to lay on their stomachs.